Saturday, July 23, 2011

The life of a Green Caterpillar

Lately, it seems as though our garden has been suffering. We have noticed leaves missing and gone, some even being annihilated all the way down to the stem. It has been craziness to see this odd change in our garden when we have not had severe weather lately. At first we thought we had a bunny problem, until Tony spotted a very large green caterpillar that we soon figured out was the culprit!

But hold the phone......after further inspection of our garden, Tony pulled off 21 OF THESE SUCKERS THAT HAVE BEEN EATING AWAY AT MY GARDEN!!!






My green beans are beyond saving. I'm hoping the tomatoes and green peppers will come back. :( 
So much for that fruitful bounty of vegetables from my first real garden that I was SURE I would produce. Let's hope for better luck next year, I guess. :(

No comments: