I absolutely LOVE this time of year!
I love the delicious smells of pie baking in the oven, gingersnap cookies and pipping hot cocoa with marshmallows, and the smell of a lucious fresh-cut Christmas tree. I love gazing at the most beautiful glistening lights, hearing holiday music, and nothing but the sound of a crackling fire. I love snow flakes on my eyelashes and the slosh of new boots as I walk through freshly fallen snow. I love red mittens and rosy red cheeks and cuddling up on the couch with a snugly warm blanket while wearing my Jammies and thick woolen socks.
And I LOVE LOVE LOVE all my precious keepsake ornaments on my Christmas tree that touch my heart so dearly and remind me of my Mother, my Grandmother, and my childhood.......but this year, as painful as it is to say it, I have decided not to decorate for Christmas. We leave for FL in less than a month, and do not return until the new year, ironically just in time to take everything down. Last year, we came home to a wonderfully decorated house for Christmas, but we were not here to enjoy it and sighed when we realized all the work to take it down that lay in front of us. I may put up my small 3ft Christmas tree but probably nothing else. I know I will get to enjoy all the beautiful lights and Christmas displays when we visit Disney World, and I can definitely count on a beautiful Christmas tree at my Mother's house.
I am trying to keep myself busy today so as not to think that this is my normal decorating day, however, all the holiday movies are not helping my will power. It's a good thing I have a bunch of sewing projects ahead of me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment