So Rachel and I have finally hit our stride with this coupon business. I am getting really good at watching the sale ads, determining the best "sale" price, and matching that with a coupon or coupon(s). I share all my matchups with Rachel, if she in turn, is the coupon "bad cop". The one that fights with the cashiers when they question or refuse our coupons.....and she ALWAYS wins! :) We are starting to fall into a routine of hitting Walgreens and CVS on Tuesdays and doing our grocery shopping on Saturdays. Sometimes, we will skip the drugstores all together, and price match at Walmart, if it is not a Register Rewards or ECB item.
This weekend was another SCORE for us. We are anticipating it slowing down as we near the end of the month and go into February. January marked HUGE sales for P&G, Kellogg's, and General Mills. Here is how we did.
Berkots:
10 Bottles of Red Gold Ketchup
Total: $3.13
**HECK YES!!! Stocking up for a summer of fun at the CCAC! :)
Food 4 Less:
4 Boxes of Special K Cereal Bars
1 Gallon of Milk (completely free!)
1 Bottle of Vegetable Oil
3 Old Spice Body Wash (completely free!)
1 Crest Toothpaste (just 23 cents!)
5 Green Peppers
6 Large Potatoes
Total: $10.86
Jewel:
9 Cans Spaghettios
9 Cans Campbell's Tomato Soup
9 6-packs of Pepsi
9 Litters of Pepsi Products (assorted flavors)
1 Donut (completely free!)
2 Tubs of Land o Lakes Butter
2 Packages of stick margarine
6 Boxes of Green Giant Frozen Vegetables
2 Boxes of Tall Kitchen Garbage Bags
Total: $35.36
Walmart:
10 Boxes of General Mills Cereal
2 Boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal
2 Oral B Floss (completely free!)
3 Carmex
3 Gillette Fusion Pro Glide Shaving Gell (completely free!)
1 Colgate Toothpaste (completely free!)
5 Kikkoman Terriyaki Glaze and Marinade (completely free!)
2 Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Gels (completely free!)
2 Boxes of Loreal Hair Color
4 Boxes of Toaster Strudels
3 Boxes of Cheese Nips (completely free!)
2 Oreo Snack Packs (completely free!)
1 Chips Ahoy Snack Pack (completely free!)
4 Bic Mark It Markers (completely free!)
2 Boxes of Pillsbury Brownie Mix
1 Bunch of Bananas
2 Litters of Coke Zero (just 23 cents each!)
6 Boxes of Cortison Anti-Itch Lotion (completely free!)
4 Packages of 1 lb 97% Ground Beef
2 Packages of 1 lb Ground Turkey
2 Packages of 4 ct Turkey Burgers
4 Bottles of Dawn Dish Detergent
2 Packages of 3ct Ivory Bar Soap
Total: $34.86
My total for the day was just $84 and change! Not too bad considering over $15 was in meat and around $25 went towards Tony's POP ADDICTION, lol. That's still $57.....just $7 over my $50 food budget. This was the first week I was OVER my food budget, but I also look at it like this......normally, I would not buy 10-15 boxes of cereal. But because I hit a FANTASTIC sale, and coupled with my coupons, it made them just cents on the dollar. I figured I would just stock up! If I have to support Tony's pop addiction, then he should have to support my cereal addiction. Every morning.....1 bowl of cereal, 1 banana and 1/2 English Muffin. No exceptions and NO SUBSTITUTIONS....except on the weekends, when I like to enjoy eggs in a frame. :)
1 comment:
Ummm...holy moly!
Post a Comment