What an incredibly weekend it's been! On Friday, I had my 4th interview in Oglesby school district and 8th interview of the year. I made it through 3 interviews for a 7th/8th reading and language teaching position, the first interview being completed at the start of June. On Thursday, they notified me that they had given the middle school position to another candidate, in hopes that I would consider a 4th grade opening. I was ecstatic! I would have loved the reading position for middle school, but my heart and skills are best suited for elementary. I have been praying and praying and praying to GOD every single day for a job like this for years, and finally he heard my prayers and delivered. It was incredible! I had to go in for another interview on Friday before they finally offered me a job. I signed my contract, was handed the district guidelines and a stack of paperwork to be completed. I got in my car and pulled out of the parking lot, only to pull over a few minutes later because I was shaking and screaming with excitement! After calling all my friends and family, I finally sat down and really processed through what just happened. I AM A 4th GRADE TEACHER!!!!!
Tony came home and shared in the joy of my news. We hugged. We cried. We jumped up and down!! Soon, we decided to go out to Lorena's to celebrate with some friends. Later in the evening, we all decided to do an old school pub crawl, starting at a karokee bar in Gardner, working our way up to Coal City/Morris. It was a blast, even though the weather was absolutely terrible, since it even hailed!!!
On Saturday, I read through all my paperwork, made the necessary doctor's appointments, physicals, vaccinations and fingerprinting before heading out for another celebratory dinner with my family and Tony's family. He had organized for everyone to meet at Buffalo Wild Wings in Shorewood before he had to return to work to help the guys on the night shift. Though some of his and my siblings could not be there, I felt incredibly loved that Tony organized a dinner for me, and I was truly grateful that everyone came to show their love and support.
So it is Sunday, and I am recovering from my whirl-wind weekend and amazing news!!!!!
For the first time, in a long time, I feel like everything is falling into place.
Here is to one more thing to check off my "waiting" list. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment