Saturday, September 10, 2011

"Today is the Day to get New Glasses!"

Today, I had a follow up with my eye doctor to check the status of all those eye infections I had a few months ago, as well as see how my new contacts are working out and a 6 month follow up on my new two-a-day eye drop, Restasis. Everything looks great, and I don't have to see her again until my yearly eye exam, which just so happens to be in November, lol. That's still great news, since I have been in her office 7 TIMES SINCE DECEMBER!!!

But anyways, today I walked in with my old eyeglasses in hand, and told Amanda, the Receptionist, that "today is the day to get new glasses!" Looking at her in delight, with this HUGE smile on my face, she looks back at me and says, "Tara, are you sure? Because you have said that the last 5 visits you were here and didn't get new glasses" Haha. That's because decision-making is so hard!! Soooo after only 1 hr and 15 minutes of browsing their selection, and I say that with the utmost pride and amazement that it ONLY took me 75 min to make a decision, I had it narrowed down to 3 very spectacular pairs of glasses. Every person that walked through the door, every person that was waiting in the room to get called, I had to ask to chime in on my "situation", because I had this small inkling/fear creeping up in the pit of my stomach, that I would be walking out the door, once again, without any glasses......And I have been saying for a year, AT LEAST, that I need a new pair of glasses......And I really really do!

Then, one of the nurses (is that what they're called?) pointed out this truly delightful baby blue and steel pair that I had somehow overlooked (they must have been hidden out of my reach on the top shelf). I decided they were just too fun and flirty, not to try on!!.......And. Oh. My. Gosh. I LOVED THEM!!!! I couldn't resist. So I quickly made my decision, and said "wrap them up!" Amanda came back over and said, "Ok. Let's get you fitted." I was super-duper excited, and then got a little sad when they told me I had to wait 2 whole weeks to wear and show off my brand new beautiful pair of baby blue glasses! Uggh! I had a vision in my head that the skies would part, the sun would shine down and a metallic glimmer would sparkle upon the perfect pair of glasses. Then, they would be placed gently upon my face, and I would gloriously skip out of the office (forever) with a new "outlook" on life and from then on, only wonderful, amazing things would happen to me, changing my life forever. Hmmmm......I don't know where I come up with these wild, enthralling fantasies, because this is not my first pair of glasses........In fact, it is my 5th pair! Haha. Ooohhh boy! So now, I will just have to wait in anticipation for my brand new magical pair of glasses, and be sufficed to just look at this picture.....which does not do them justice by the way! So here are my new glasses, and in two weeks, I will finally be able to move my old pair of glasses to my memory box. :) Enjoy!

No comments: