Monday, October 31, 2011

It's TUTOR time!

Today was indeed an interesting day. I was approached by Huntington Learning Center with an intriguing job opportunity to teach in the afternoon and tutor after school in the Joliet district 86. I was literally interviewed and offered the job all in one day! After having to give it some thought, since I did not apply for this job and was instead recruited, and after quite a few emails with my Joliet teacher friends, I finally accepted the position. So today, I was officially employed by the Joliet district to instruct and utilize the Huntington Tutoring Program. I have not been given my official placement yet, but I can be in up to 9 Joliet public schools. I am hoping this will be my foot in the door, and an opportunity for future employment in the public schools. My placement should come by Friday as well as a list of my students, and I start in one week, on Monday! Whoo hoo!

No comments: