Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Welcome to the COZZI FAMILY GARDEN

This is the first true year that Tony and I are giving gardening a real shot. In years past, we have attempted to grow things here or there, but mostly used our "green thumb" to hang flowering baskets, or plant flowers. But this year we have decided to start our own garden, mostly because Tony has a weird obsession with trying to grow "magnificent" things from seeds, but also because i talked his ear off about the financial benefits of growing our own vegetables. Due to our limited yard space and inability to plant anything in the ground, I researched how to grow a garden in a pot. Several books later, and much help from my freecycle friends, I now have a thriving container garden that includes Tomatoes, Green beans, Bell Peppers, and Jalapeno Peppers. I also have an herb garden which consists of Basil, Oregano, Parsley, Catnip (for Sasha and Callie), and Lavender. And lastly, my flower garden includes morning glories, Kalanchoe, Purple Heart Jew, Blooming Cactus, Petunias, and Wildflowers.







Hopefully, my precious little Sasha will leave my windowsill herb garden alone. I am starting to get irritated, since I have had to scrap it and start from scratch......twice.......all because our "special" kitty thinks she is smaller than she really is, and plops her little behind on my windowsill, knocking all the contents of my container garden in the sink. Ugh. Of course it's hard to be mad at her.......cause she is just so adorable.


Anyways, by the end of the summer, I will have my own home grown vegetables, ready to eat and be enjoyed.......I can just feel it!!!!!!

No comments: